MON+ in collaboration with the government of nunavut
The HCN provides nursing care and support services to the general population throughout the life cycle to enable them to stay in their homes and to promote the optimal level of functioning in activities of daily living.
- Assesses the status of clients who have been admitted or re-admitted to the Home & Community Care (HCC) program;
- Develops and modifies a client care plan based on the assessed needs of the individual and the prescribed medical regimes;
- Implements the client care plan;
- Evaluates the extent to which the client’s health needs are being met;
- Maintains records for clients;
- Participates as a member of the HCC team;
- Performing other duties as assigned/required;
- Performs administrative functions.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Bachelor of Nursing or a Bachelor of Science in Nursing;
- RNANT/NU registration or ability to obtain registration prior to start date;
- Basic CPR certification with annual re-certification is required;
- Criminal and vulnerable sector checks;
- A valid driver’s license;
- Minimum of one (1) year, recent related home and community care nursing experience;
- Wound care, diabetes care, palliative care, specialized foot care, peripheral intravenous (PIV) and central intravenous (IV) access certificates all an asset.
- Paid for every day worked (Various communities);
- Salary condition to be discussed later;
- Daily schedule: 8:30am to 5:00pm with1 hour for lunch (Or, any similar consideration as determined by the department);
- Travel fees, accommodation and food allowance are provided;
- Free to choose your assignment among several opportunities in various communities;
- Fly-In/Fly-Out contracts according to your availabilities (4 weeks up to 3 months).
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com