MON+ in collaboration with the government of nunavut
The NP-PHC provides a comprehensive community health service in conjunction with the health care team and works within the context of Primary Health Care to improve the capacity of clients and communities. Assist the client achieve and maintain optimal health, within the context of the client’s psychosocial and physical well-being. Particular emphasis is on community development and health promotion. Provide advanced clinical practice, education, health promotion and leadership within the community in all areas including but not limited to the following: health promotion, illness and injury prevention, supportive, curative, rehabilitative, palliative and emergency care.
- Provide professional nursing care and community health services to clients (individuals, families and groups) on a routine and emergency basis to promote a healthy lifestyle, to prevent and/or reduce incidence of disease, disability and death, to support rehabilitation and to restore health and palliation;
- Apply the nursing process (collecting a complete health history, advanced physical assessment, ordering and interpreting of diagnostic tests, formulating nursing and medical diagnosis, establishing a plan of care);
- Develop, facilitate, implement and modify client and family education/teaching based on the needs of the client;
- In collaboration and partnership with clients and other primary care team members and agencies, conduct health surveillance and preventative activities that may improve the health of the population;
- Provide expert and specialized knowledge of primary health care related to nursing in Nunavut and also provide functional direction and leadership for enhancing the integrated service delivery model.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Graduate Level Advanced Nursing Practice degree or a Certificate in Advanced Nursing Practice or Nurse Practitioner – Primary Health Care Diploma;
- At least 5 years direct nursing practice with at least one year recent Nurse Practitioner experience;
- RNANT/NU registration or ability to obtain registration prior to start date;
- Criminal Record and Vulnerable Sector Checks;
- Nunavut Immunization Certification;
- Basic CPR with annual re-certification is required;
- N95 Mask fit testing;
- The incumbent must have knowledge of and an ability to apply advanced nursing processes (assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation) and advanced nursing practices as defined within the NP-PHC registration requirements by RNANTNU;
- Proficient computer skills
- Paid for every day worked (Various communities);
- Salary condition to be discussed later;
- Daily schedule: 8:30am to 5:00pm with1 hour for lunch (Or, any similar consideration as determined by the department);
- Travel fees, accommodation and food allowance are provided;
- Free to choose your assignment among several opportunities in various communities;
- Fly-In/Fly-Out contracts according to your availabilities (4 weeks up to 3 months).
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org