MON+ in collaboration with the government of nunavut
The PHN will be responsible for public health programs as determined by the needs of the community with a focus on maternal child health, school health, communicable diseases and immunizations. The PHN will work with others in the community on a range of public health issues as determined by community priorities.
- Assessing the health of the population and identifying priority health needs;
- Providing maternal child health programming to pregnant women and families of infants and young children. This may include reproductive health for adolescents, prenatal classes and home visits to pregnant/postpartum families as well as well child care to five years of age and preschool screening;
- Delivering and evaluating childhood and school-age immunization programs in accordance with the Nunavut Immunization Manual;
- Providing best practices in health education to parents and guardians regarding children in their care using a culturally sensitive and culturally inclusive approach;
- Delivering the TB program as appropriate for the TB epidemiology in the community under the direction of the SCHP, RCDC and CMOH.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Bachelors of Nursing, Bachelor of Science Nursing, Bachelor of Science Arctic Nursing or Diploma in Nursing with Certificate in Public Health;
- RNANT/NU registration or ability to obtain registration prior to start date;
- Current CPR (c) certification;
- ACLS – ENPCC or PALS;
- Criminal and vulnerable sector checks;
- Extended role certification or experience in Nunavut;
- A valid driver’s license.
- Paid for every day worked (Various communities);
- Salary condition to be discussed later;
- Daily schedule: 8:30am to 5:00pm with 1 hour for lunch (Or, any similar consideration as determined by the department);
- Travel fees, accommodation and food allowance are provided;
- Free to choose your assignment among several opportunities in various communities;
- Fly-In/Fly-Out contracts according to your availabilities (4 weeks up to 3 months).
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org